West Wood Club limited, a company limited by guarantee. Registered in Ireland under register number 225193. Registered office: Leopardstown Racecourse, Foxrock, Dublin 18.
Email: [email protected]
For all data protection matters, please contact Tom McNamara at the details above.
What Information We Collect
Personal identification information
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you
- Join as a member
- Use our website
- Register interest in becoming a member
- Are referred by your friend
- Attend one of our clubs
- Request further information regarding a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint
- Contact our support team over the telephone, email or online chat
- Have an accident in our gyms, or in the case of an incident where you were a witness or personally affected
- Book classes, courses and inductions
- Book your child into a class, course or other services
- CCTV – when you are using our gyms.
You may be asked for your name, phone number, email address, postal address, and/or payment information in cases where such information would be appropriate.
We will collect personal information from members only with the following lawful bases:
|Consent||Where you have provided explicit permission for us to use your information for a specified purpose|
|Contract||Where you have entered into an agreement with us, such as joining as a member, to allow us to fulfil our contractual obligations with you|
|Legitimate interest||Where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, for example, to protect our staff and members using CCTV.|
|Legal obligation||Where we are legally obliged to do so, such as for tax reporting|
Web browser cookies
When someone visits www.westwood.ie, we collect standard internet log information using cookies which detail visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out information such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site and protect our site form malware.
Most web browsers allow some control of the placement of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about our cookies please see our Cookies Policy.
How we use collected information
West Wood Club may collect and use members personal information for the following purposes:
- To manage your membership
- To monitor the use of our clubs and confirm your attendance to exercise classes or lessons
- To process payments related to your membership or to provide you with a refund if necessary
- To ensure we have emergency access to parents of children in our care
- We use the information members provide about themselves when joining to provide our services and advice on fitness goals.
- To send you emails and updates to keep you up-to-date about our services and offers
- To respond to any questions or concerns you might have about our services or your membership
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes
- If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, then you may receive correspondence via email, SMS messages and post, which may include updates, company news, information about related products or services, etc. If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future messages at any time and for any reason, you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions included at the bottom of each email, or you can contact us through our website.
As per applicable data protection laws, you may have the right to access the personal information about you that West Wood Club processes.
You can request from us information about:
- The personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing of your personal data
- Details regarding whom your personal data has/will be disclosed to or the criteria for the disclosure
- How long we retain your personal data
- In cases where your data was not collected directly from you, information regarding the source of the data.
You may also request the following:
- That we delete your personal data
- That we update any inaccurate or incomplete data about you
- That we make your personal data portable
We only hold accurate, complete and up-to-date personal information about you; therefore, we strongly encourage you to contact us for correcting any incomplete or inaccurate data. You may request any actions regarding your rights by contacting us at West Wood Club Data Protection Officer at the contact details above.
To ensure that your data is protected, if you request to exercise your rights, we will first require you to verify your identity before we can respond to your request.
We regularly review all data that is supplied and obtained to enable us to delete which is not necessary or no longer needed.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate technical and organisational security practices, which are subject to
regular review, and security measures such as staff training and awareness, to protect against
unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of your personal information that we
Sharing your personal information
We may share generic aggregated demographic information that is not linked to any personally identifiable information regarding visitors and members with trusted affiliates, our business partners, and advertisers for the previously outlined purposes. We may engage third-party service providers to help us operate our business or to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes as per this policy.
How Long and Where We Retain Your Data
We only retain your accurate, complete and up to date personal information for as long as is necessary. For further details on our data retention periods, please contact us.
Where you have consented to us to use your details for direct marketing, we will keep this data until you notify us or otherwise withdraw your consent.
Our business is built on commonly available software tools and solutions, in some cases, there may be an international transfer of data to our providers located around the world, such as Microsoft. We take steps to ensure that the necessary level of protection for these transfers is applied in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
This document was last updated in November 2019