The Centre of Irish Squash
West Wood Club has been the centre of Irish Squash for over 30 years and has produced many Irish international players. Catering for the social and the competitive player, you’ll find an extensive schedule of squash programmes and events on offer. Including…
- Squash Club Nights
- Squash Box Leagues,
- Squash coaching and competitions.
Discover the Best Squash Club in Dublin
- Four championship squash courts
- Three glass-back squash courts with full seated viewing
- Squash courts available from 6am to 10pm
- On-line squash court booking up to 7 days in advance
- Ladies Squash Morning every week
- Monthly internal Squash Box-Leagues for all levels
- Elite international level squash coach available for individual and group coaching 7 days a week
- Several ‘One Day’ squash competitions throughout the year
- Regular exhibition squash matches and other squash events with Ireland’s top players
- Fitness classes, specific to squash, run by professional squash coaches and instructors
- Social and themed squash events throughout the year
- Racquet and ball rental
- FREE ‘Invite-a-Friend’ squash night on the last Friday of every month
- Free ‘Introduction-to-Squash’ nights for new members
- Ladies and gents changing facilities and locker rooms
- Swimming, gym, tennis, and group fitness classes included
Our Leopardstown squash coaching program is available for kids aged from 4 years. And includes…
- Group classes every week
- Holistic program for competitive players run by qualified instructors
- Future Stars™ ‘talent-spotting’ programme for players aged from 4 years
- Individual assessments and group placing according to age and standard
- Elite Performance Program™ offered to players of a high standard
Junior coaching classes takes place every Saturday afternoon from 1pm – 2pm and is completely FREE to members. Racquets, squash balls, and eye protection (required for juniors) are provided. This class is more than just squash, we also focus on:
- Confidence and well-being.
Internal Squash Leagues
- Up to 200 competitive matches played every month
- 16+ different leagues of various standards with up to 8 players per league
- Players who improve move up the active ladder to compete at higher standards
- Monthly rewards and honours roll for high achievers at all levels
- This is a great way for new members to compete and make new friends
- All standards are catered for and matches are played in a very friendly environment
External Squash Leagues
- West Wood Squash Club have eight senior league teams participating the Leinster Leagues including Men’s, Ladies and Vets
- Any player wishing to participate will be registered and are welcome to join a team
- Team-training programs available to all members participating in leagues
- In the past West Wood have been All Ireland Champions at the highest level and have won a number of league titles throughout the divisions.
- All squash players are encouraged to play Leinster League as a wide range of ability is catered for by Leinster Squash. If you wish to play in a competitive league just get in touch with Ed Dunne (Racquet Sports manager).
Squash Box League
Almost 100 players take part in our internal Box League every month. Climb the ladder, earn a ‘Merit’ award or simply beat your opponents to join a higher level – it’s up to you!
International squash coach, Ed Dunne is available for coaching 7 days a week. Ed coaches individuals, groups, juniors, and teams.
Ed Dunne is a professional and international coach. For over 10 years, Ed was the National Coach for the following Irish Squash National teams:
- Irish National Senior Men
- Irish National Senior Ladies
- Irish National U 19 Boys & Girls
Every Wednesday morning from 10am to 11am, ladies are invited to try squash. No experience is necessary. Squash racquets, squash balls, and eye protection (if required) is provided This is a great way to try squash with Ed helping out as you play.