Our Cookies Policy briefly explains what cookies are, how we use them and your choices regarding cookies and further information about cookies.
What are Cookies, and how are they used?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
In general, cookies can be “session” or “persistent” cookies.
Session Cookies are temporary cookies that are not stored on your computer or mobile device, but they are created temporarily in your browser’s subfolder while you are visiting a website and they are not stored on your computer or mobile device. An example, a session cookie is also used to remember your language preference when viewing the site. These session cookies are erased when you close your browser, or after 20 minutes of inactivity therefore once you leave the site, the session cookie is deleted.
Persistent cookies are those placed on your computer or mobile device for a predefined length of time when you visit this site, and they remain in your browser’s subfolder and are activated again once you visit the website that created that particular cookie. A persistent cookie remains in the browser’s subfolder for the duration period set within the cookie’s file.
Cookies can help a website to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly but cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
How is West Wood Club using cookies
We use partners, including analytics or service providers, cookies and similar technologies to analyse browsing trends to optimise the services we bring to you. Cookies can track users’ movements around our Site and gather demographic information about our user base. We may share this data and receive third party reports, combining data from other sites and services providers.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service, but we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are essential for the operation of our website. They enable you to navigate the website and use all the features. They are used to manage and identify you as unique to other users currently viewing the website and enable you to login into secure areas.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies collect information such as your User ID, location, language preference and other settings to provide more personal features.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies collect statistical data about the website visit, such as which web pages are most popular and broken webpages. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information and are aggregated to collect information about the website’s performance.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service. In such case, an embedded advertising material which is served from a third-party site could store a cookie for that third-party site, containing information fed to it from the containing site – such information might include the name of the site, particular products being viewed, pages visited, etc.
Please find below information in relation with third-party cookies being used on our Site:
|_cfduid||cloudfare.com||Used by the content network, Cloudfare, to identify trusted web traffic||1 year||HTTP|
|_cfduid||westwood.ie||Used by the content network, Cloudfare, to identify trusted web traffic||1 year||HTTP|
|_ga||google.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||2 years||HTTP|
|_gat||google.com||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||1 day||HTTP|
|_gid||google.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||1 day||HTTP|
|cusid||clickdimensions.com||This cookie is used to identify the frequency of visits and how long the visitor is on the website||1 day||HTTP|
|cuvon||clickdimensions.com||This cookie is used to determine when the visitor last entered the different subpages on the website.||1 day||HTTP|
|ads/ga-audiences||google.com||Used by Google AdWords to re- engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the Cookie scan report – 3/4 visitor’s online behaviour across websites.||Session||Pixel|
|cuvid||google.com||This cookie is used to collect information on a visitor. This information will become an ID string with information on a specific visitor – ID information strings can be used to target groups with similar preferences, or can be used by third-party domains or ad-exchanges.||2 years||HTTP|
What are your options regarding cookies
- Internet Explorer
If you’d like to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie setting, please visit the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe’s instructions here (instructions vary depending on your operating system and version of Flash).
Please note, however, that if you refuse to accept cookies or delete them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, such as you will not be able to store your preferences and our Service might not display properly.
Key tips for safe and responsible cookie-based Web browsing
● Customize your browser’s cookie settings to reflect your comfort level with cookie security or use our guide to delete cookies.
● If you are very comfortable with cookies and you are the only person using your computer, you may want to set long expiration time frames for storing your personal access information, including your browsing history.
● If you share access on your computer, you may want to set your browser to clear private browsing data every time you close your browser. While not as secure as rejecting cookies outright, this option allows you to access cookie-based websites while deleting any sensitive information after your browsing session.
● Make sure your browser is updated and if you haven’t already, set your browser to update automatically. This will eliminate security vulnerabilities caused by outdated browsers because many cookie-based exploits are based on exploiting older browsers’ security shortcomings.
Where can you find more information about cookies
If you’d like to learn more about cookies and find out how to disable Cookies, please visit the following
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- WhatAreCookies: http://www.whatarecookies.com
This document was last updated in November 2019