General Manager wanted for West Wood Club, Dun Laoghaire
Are you ready to step into the General Manager role at West Wood Club?
If you are interested, we are now looking for an enthusiastic General Manager who can deliver an amazing fitness experience to our Dun Laoghaire members.
Our members at Dun Laoghaire enjoy a luxurious swimming pool, a multi-million-euro gym, group exercise studios, immersive cycling studio, functional training, and a luxurious spa.
We provide our members with customised gym programmes, personal training, group fitness classes, Les Mills, Yoga and Pilates. But more than anything, our real passion at Dun Laoghaire is to deliver amazing customer service to all our members – EVERY DAY.
We now need a General Manager, who will take our member service to the next level.
Your Role as General Manager
You will be fully responsible for the implementation, improvement, and management of all customer service, member retention, club operations, facilities management, health & safety, and your club’s overall financial success.
Most importantly, will work alongside your club sales manager to grow your membership through professionally member retention strategies.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Implement world-class customer service
- Work closely with your sales manager to grow your membership.
- Ensure everything at your club is 100% perfect for your members every day.
- Motivate, manage, and train all your staff to create real value for your members by delivering AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE – every day.
- Create a ‘learning’ environment where all your staff constantly learn and become leaders in the fitness industry
- Ensure all your staff work together to deliver an amazing fitness experience.
- Be “The FACE” of Dun Laoghaire, by meeting with all your your members every day.
Skills Knowledge and Experience
- A commitment to learning everything about member retention, facilities management, HR, industry trends, personal training, and non-dues revenue.
- Experience interviewing, hiring, and training your staff
- Excellent attention to detail and and ability to follow through on your plans.
- An understanding of Key Performance Indicators that affect fitness business success
- The leadership and management skills needed to maximise profitability at your club
- Experience managing 10+ plus people in fitness, hospitality, or retail industries
- Excellent supervisory, interpersonal communication, and time management skills
- A keen interest in fitness – and a world view of the fitness industry
Buts Most importantly…
- We are notlooking for a General Manager who knows EVERYTHING. But we are looking for a manager who loves to LEARN everything they need to get the job done.
- We are looking for a General Manager who will work with their staff every day to deliver an amazing fitness experience to their members. (Loves getting out from behind their desk)
- We are looking for a General Manager who does not need to be closely managed.
- We are looking for a General Manager who is happy to get their hands dirty – every day.
- We are looking for a General Manager who knows things never run smoothly at fitness clubs. (burst pipes, floods, freezing showers, cold pools, complaints, staff shortages)
- We are looking for a General Manager who is OBSESSIVE about club cleanliness, service standards, and member experience management. (treats the club like their home)
- We are looking for a General Manager who can deal calmly with the problems that happen EVERY DAY at fitness clubs. (yes – every day starts with and ends with challenges)
- We are looking for a General Manager who leads BY EXAMPLE. (Being the General Manager your staff aspire to be)
Closing date for applications is 5th October 2022